Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Architectures for the Internet of Things: Presentation at Web of Things 2010 (PerCom 2010)

I have just had my presentation at Web of Things 2010 (Percom 2010) where I explored the different architectures for the Internet of Things and analyzed them under certain key factors. In this way, an Internet of Things designer can have a small guidance about which architecture fits better for his/her project depending on:
  • where to place the intelligence (at the object or at the cloud)
  • the infrastructure required
  • the busines model flexibility
  • ...
In fact, the exploration of business models for the Internet of Things is a new topic of interest for me, a to-be-discovered world that resembles the Web in the mid-90s. My paper can be downloaded here and the slides are below.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Great slideshow, just compiled a couple of articles on the Internet of Things HERE. I’m amazed at the explosion in intelligent devices and the growth of the hacker communities, lots of innovation there. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the series of articles about IoT of tastethecloud is one of my favourites: it's not just a rewriting of press notes of companies, but contain a deeper and more thoughtful analysis of the current situation and future paths... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete